Listed below are some useful Links
Product Link Disclaimer: These links are provided for your convenience, and do not imply that Li’l Sprouts recommends, endorses or approves of any of the content for the products listed below.
Lil Sprouts cannot attest to the accuracy of information provided by these sites, and is not responsible for the contents or reliability of the products and services provided on the sites listed below.
Lil Sprouts does not accept any liability, whether direct or indirect, arising from any person relying, whether wholly or partially, upon any of the information provided by the websites and their products.
Poison Information Centre
Emergency Calls: NATIONAL ACCESS 13 11 26
Department of Education and Child Development (DECD)
- oversees early childhood care and services for South Australian families
- provides services that benefit children and families
- lead and manage South Australia’s education system
Department of Social Services – My Child – Federal Government http://www.mychild.gov.au/sites/mychild/
- Information for child care providers and licensees, families and community and staff.
- Information about Child Care Benefits, and quality Child Care
Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority
- for information on the National Quality Standard
Department of Education and Training
- For information on policies for Early Learning and Child Care Centres
- Information on Early Years Learning Framework and My Time, Our Place
- Legislation, ratings and standards information on the National Quality Framework
Department of Social Services
- helps to support families and children through programs and services and benefits and payments
Department for Communities and Social Inclusion
- helps people who, through circumstance, may be struggling financially, at risk of harm, or isolated.
Department of Human Services
- Family Assistance Office: Child Care Benefit payments/rates
- Centrelink and Medicare
Legal Issues – Family Court
- through its specialist judges and staff, assists Australians to resolve their most complex legal family disputes.
- The Family Court website includes information and resource sheets in plain English relating to family law.
Consumer and Business Services
- The Office of Consumer and Business Affairs (OCBA) provides accessible services and information to business and consumers.
Child and Youth Health
- Information for parents and other carers of young children on general health and other child care issues.
- Promotes the status of Parenting, and the importance of effective parenting practices. Information about Parent Helpline, and Parenting Groups.
- Part of the Heart Foundation site that offers information on the importance of healthy eating and physical activity for children.
The National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)
- Information, news and publications relating to health and medical research.
- The NHMRC publishes the manual “Staying Healthy in Child Care”.
Child Accident Prevention Foundation of Australia
- Dedicated to preventing unintentional childhood injuries and reducing the resulting deaths and disabilities associated with childhood accidents in children under the age of 15 years.
Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
- Keeping baby safe – a guide to nursery furniture.
Safe toys for kids
Non-English speaking resources
Translations for Health Issues
Health Translations Directory
- Search information on subjects, then choose your language.
National Translating and Interpreting Service
Staff Resources additional to the above
Network SA Resource, Advisory and Management Services Inc.
- Training for staff. Network SA management support, supports effective management and governance of centre based child care and outside school hours care in South Australia.
- Advice, support and information about financial management, human resource management, leadership, and administration issues.
- ARMSU Cultural Awareness Team, supports the inclusion of Aboriginal children in mainstream centre-based child care.
- Support Aboriginal families to access care for their children; directors, operators and child care staff to create culturally aware and welcoming environments for Aboriginal children and families; and child care workers to provide culturally and developmentally appropriate care and education programs for Aboriginal children.
- Staff training, cultural experiences for children in centres, and resource library and book and equipment sales.
- A subscription industrial and legal accountability service for managers of children’s services in South Australia
Early Childhood Australia
- Works with Government, early childhood professionals, parents, other carers of young children, and various lobby groups to secure the best range of options and outcomes for children as they grow and develop. L
- Links to many other organisations, search on topics.