At Lil Sprouts Early Learning Centre we aim to provide the highest level of care and education for your child in a warm, nurturing and safe environment. By creating a feeling of acceptance and sense of belonging. We provide an environment which enables each child to feel safe and secure.
The Centre provides educationally appropriate and stimulating programs to assist in the development of the whole child, their physical, social, emotional, cognitive, creative and moral growth. Indoor and Outdoor experiences are provided in small and large group situations. These experiences cater for each child’s individual development and reflect current interests of the group or an individual child. We recognise the value of play on development. Research has found that children attain higher levels of achievement through engaging in play.
“Children’s early learning influences their life chances” (Early Years Learning Framework, 2009)
Our educational play-based programs assist each child to build and develop at their own individual rate with guidance and support by all educators:
- confidence, curiosity and imagination
- independence and self-esteem
- respect for themselves and others
- friendly and caring behaviour
- their full potential both emotionally and physically
- foster and reinforce self control
- an understanding and appreciation of the rights and feelings of other people
Our programs also reflect the full appreciation of Australia’s multicultural society, enhancing the children’s awareness of, and respect for, cultural differences and similarities. Our programs are designed to help your child in developing all areas for success now and in later years and to equip them with the necessary tools to deal
“Educators’ practices and the relationships they form with children and families have a significant effect on children’s involvement and success in learning. Children thrive when families and educators’ work together in partnership to support young children’s learning.” (Early Years Learning Framework, 2009)
Lil Sprouts Early Learning Centre endeavours to create a “family-like” atmosphere and recognise the importance of creating a link between home and the Centre, where both parents and educators work in partnership to develop the child as a whole in a mutually supportive and caring environment. Children and parents are welcomed into the Centre regardless of culture, religious and family beliefs and our educators are sensitive to and respectful of these practices.
“When educators’ establish respectful and caring relationships with children and families, they are able to work together to construct curriculum and learning experiences relevant to children in their local context.” (Early Years Learning Framework, 2009)
Lil Sprouts Early Learning Centre Goals:
- We will provide a warm, nurturing and safe environment that cater’s to each individual child and families needs
- We will endeavour to settle each child happily and contentedly into the groups and program of the centre
- Our minimum standards of operation will be above the standards of
- We will provide an educational play based curriculum which caters for each individual child’s development in the areas of physical, social, emotional, cognitive, creative and moral growth
- We will provide an inclusive program enhancing the children’s awareness of, and respect for cultural differences and similarities and the role all people can provide to the community and / or the centre
- We value each child as an individual and that they have unique capabilities and interests which allow them to develop to their full potential
- We believe that parents are the child’s first educators and encourage parental participation and input at all times, whilst respecting individual lifestyles, values and beliefs, and their rights and opinions
- We will provide qualified, caring and enthusiastic educators who will nurture each child’s learning, thinking and development